Khao Tang na Tang
- 4 each Thai Chillies, Dried Soaked in warm water
- 1 teaspoon White Pepper ground
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro Root
- 4 Each Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Shrimp Paste in Bean Oil
- 2 ounces Shallots sliced
- 1.5 Cup Coconut Milk Chaokoh brand
- 8 ounces Ground Pork
- 8 ounces Shrimp Chopped
- 2 tablespoons Palm Sugar grated
- 2 tablespoons Tamarind Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt kosher
- 1/2 teaspoon MSG
- As Needed Peanuts for garnish
- As Needed Coconut Cream for garnish
- First make the paste: in a mortar add soaked chilies, peppercorns, garlic and coriander roots
- Heat Coconut oil, add sliced shallots, sauté until golden brown and then add the chili paste and tomalley.
- Add in the ground pork and shrimp.
- Add the coconut milk
- Season with salt, tamarind paste, palm sugar and MSG
- Mix in a small spoon of ground peanuts in the portion that is being served to customers.
- Spoon coconut cream on top when serving.