Short rib with sweet chili sauce
I first learned of this technique with the ribs at Iron Chef Morimoto’s restaurant in Orlando.The idea to braise something and the dredge it and fry it to make it crispy was genius. Supercrunchy exterior surrounding a juicy moist braised flavorful meat. In this recipe we are goingto refrain from deep frying this jumbo bone, but to see a recipe with the frying technique.I am a huge fan of sweet chili sauce and this recipe here is super simple, if just takes Ome, butthe sauce you can make in advance rather quickly and eat with egg rolls, chicken wings, and ofcourse these delicious ribs. Try it out at home at send me some picture @Lovefoodmore
Sweet chili hoisin sauce
- 500 grams Hoisin Sauce
- 1050 grams Sweet Chili Sauce Maeplot Brand
- 375 grans White Vinegar
- 100 grams Sugar White granulated
- 100 grams Soy Sauce
- 200 grams Fish Sauce
Braised Short Rib
- 1100 grams Soy Sauce
- 650 grams Tamarind Paste
- 350 grams Cilantro Stems
- 500 grams Ginger Chopped
- 400 grams Lemongrass Chopped
- 250 grams Thai Chili Crushed, Fresh
- 150 grams Garlic Peeled
- 12 each Beef Short Ribs bone in
- 7.5 Quarts Water
- TT Salt
- TT Black Pepper course grind
Braised Beef Short Rib
- In a 425F Oven, sear seasonedshort rub until browned exterior.
- In a large pot add all theingredients except for short riband bring to a boil while mixinguntil homogenous.
- In a large hotel pan add theseared short ribs and pour theboiling liquid over. Cover with aaluminum and braise in 325Foven with convecMon for 3 1⁄2 – 4hours until tender.
- 4. Chill the braised short rib for 3hours in braising liquid. Removegently and chill properly. Reservethe bone.
Sweet Chili Hoisin Sauce
- 1. Combine all ingredients into apot a mix constantly overmedium heat unMl sugardissolves. Taste and adjustseasoning.